Staff Mobility

General rules

The aims of trips abroad may include the following:

1. conducting of research,

2. teaching,

3. training in the form of:

  • undergraduate/graduate studies,
  • PhD studies,
  • post-graduate courses
  • post-doctoral studies,
  • research and artistic training as well as specializations,
  • language courses and other courses improving professional qualifications,
  • practice,

4. other, e.g., participation in conferences, symposia, conventions, etc.

Employees going abroad for less than one month are granted training leave paid for in accordance with the rules applying to holiday leave. If the period exceeds one month, employees may be granted training leave on the basis of general rules of leave granting, or they may be granted unpaid leave. In certain (justified) cases employees may apply for benefit for themselves or for their families remaining in the country. If the Rector consents, they then sign the benefit payment agreement endorsed by the head of the institute and the faculty council.

Employees going abroad are obliged to obtain the approval of the administrator of funds and the head of the institute/department. The aim of the trip and the task which will be carried out are established with the direct superior. The head of the institute/department as well as other faculty employees leaving for more than 14 days and for non-European countries obtain the approval from the dean.

Applying and financing

Employees planning trips abroad submit an APPLICATION FORM (signed by the administrator of funds as well as the head of the institute/department and the dean of the faculty) and brings to the Department of International Cooperation at least 14 days before the trip. Every trip is to be approved by the Deputy Rector for Scientific Research and International Cooperation.

Employees going abroad on business are entitled to benefit for essential travel and stay expenses: travelling allowance, travelling fares, overnight accommodation and other justified expenses.

Current rates for travelling allowance and accommodation

Employees receive cash in the currency of the target country or the equivalent amount in the Polish currency. They also receive money for the preparation of the trip, for example, visa fees.

Employees receiving boarding money equivalent while abroad are not entitled to a travelling allowance. If they receive free full board, they are entitled to 25% of the travelling allowance in the currency of the target country.

Expenses for overnight accommodation are returned on the basis of bills, up to the amount of the limit applying to the particular country. If there are no bills, employees are entitled to 25% of a lump sum.

Employees are granted one travelling allowance lump sum for expenses borne on the way to and from train stations, bus stations, and airports. For local transportation fees employees receive one lump sum equalling 10% of one travelling allowance. The above-mentioned lump sums are not granted if the foreign party covers travelling expenses or the employee travels by car.

The trip is to be made using means of transport given in the application form.

Account of expenses

Having come back form the trip, employees are obliged to present the document of settlement costs to the Department of International Cooperation within 14 days.

The trip is accounted for on the basis of the original copies of bills and tickets. If the documents have not been obtained, employees are obliged to make a proper written statement. It is then up to the Deputy Rector for Scientific Research and International Cooperation to accept the account of expenses.

Employees who were allowed to use their private cars on the trip submit a statement on the mileage. On the basis of the statement the travelling expenses are returned in accordance with current mileage rates: for cars with engine capacity smaller than 900 cm3 – 0,5214 PLN, for cars with engine capacity greater than 900 cm3 – 0,8358 PLN per kilometre.